- Art is unrealistic; this does not make it unenjoyable
- This is a trend that continues across multiple genres, from ancient Egyptian art to modern superflat
- Verisimilitude is important to creating enjoyable art
- Purple hair, nekomimi etc. do not break suspension of disbelief and therefore there is no inconsistency in railing against excessively unrealistic or caricaturized art, but not railing against these things.
- Anime girls are often dressed to evoke the virgin/whore dichotomy – and not in a constructive, edifying manner.